19 Nov

I had such a great weekend away in the Cotswolds, for who doesn’t know anything about:

The Cotswolds are a range of hills in southwestern and west-central England, an area 25 miles across and 90 miles long. The area has been designated as the Cotswold Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty where every weekend lots of people from London go there to enjoy the countryside and to relax from the chaotic city, so we left on Saturday morning to visit a couple of our friends and their children who own a lovely cottage there and we had so much fun….I must admit despite the cold weather!!! I think I have fallen in love hard….for the little 4 months old daughter of our friends…

Pub lunch, walking in the fields, endless glass of red wine in front of the fire, pheasant for dinner…a visit to the animal farm, a visit to the most gorgeous farm shop ever (Daylesford)…a long drive back from Oxford to home…it was a great weekend!!!

Let’s add some gossip to spice up this post…famous celebrities own houses in the Cotswolds, including Kate Moss, Hugh Grant, Elizabeth Hurley, Lily Allen, J K Rowling, Stella McCartney and so on… The first time I went there was the day after Kate Moss got married and I spotted John Galliano walking around the town of Burford, I started to scream in the car when I saw him and very embarrassed he hid himself in the cook shop!

Advertisements

7 Responses to “The only way is the Cotswolds, a piece of paradise in the British countryside…let’s brave some country chic soon!!!”

1. NADIA 19/11/2012 at 9:31 PM #

che belli i porcellini e che bella bambina!!! quando ne fai tu una???
    Scusa nn mi riguarda.Baci NADIA

2. Tiny Micia 20/11/2012 at 11:08 AM #

Beautiful photos pf the country side and adorable baby 🙂 x

3. Melissa & Megan @goldonblack 21/11/2012 at 8:12 AM #

Cute photos!

4. missflamboyante 24/11/2012 at 9:38 PM #

I lived in London and traveled quite a lot in the UK – but never went to Cotswold although – ofcourse I heard about it. Looking at your lovely pictures tells me that is something I must catch up on! Thanks for sharing!

5. Evan 20/01/2013 at 10:10 AM #

Really liked what you had to say in your post, The only way is the Cotswolds, a piece of paradise in the British countryside…let’s brave some country chic soon!!! annainherwonderland, thanks for the good read!
    — Evan

6. Cheltenham Regency 12/02/2013 at 12:36 PM #

This does look magical and i can’t wait to be staying at Hotel Cheltenham for a relaxing time away and to explore the cotswolds.