A new beginning of life, or shall I say an upgrade? The modern housewife

23 Jan

Today I upgraded myself. I installed the new software, my brain has been updated. I upgraded myself to the proper HOUSEWIFE role, and I am happy. Working from home housewife, so I still work ( it does mean that I do something, not just a f*** all day long).

My husband could not believe to his eyes when still half asleep at 7.30AM saw me getting up and getting ready to go downstairs for breakfast – Are you sure you’re ok D? – he asked – Yes I am why? – It’s very strange seeing you awake this time in the morning!

Despite the “not go in office thing” I was relaxed, and happy to get up to do my things, go out, go shopping, sort the house, come back ,work, work, have some lunch, work, go out again, ironing, coffee, tea, biscuits, thinking about what to cook tonight….and the day went by….I am not bored and I’m happy! I feel like I can organise myself better with this kind of schedule…let’s see how long it last!!!

Modern approach to the lifestyle of an housewife? Why not!

13 Responses to “A new beginning of life, or shall I say an upgrade? The modern housewife”

1. Shoe Closzet 23/01/2012 at 5:41 PM #

I totally get this…when I went to that phase in my life I had good and bad days. But overall I’ve been happy!

• annainherwonderland 23/01/2012 at 5:57 PM #

Glad that someone understands my feelings, i hope too be happy like you and in case i’ll struggle i’ll ask you some tips! X

2. whyldinberlin 23/01/2012 at 5:53 PM #

Dear glamorous housewife,

I love your 50s inspired logo. It immediately caught my eye. Isn’t life as a domestic goddess wonderful?

All the best,

(Dagmar) Whyld in Berlin

3. k Elizabeth 23/01/2012 at 7:58 PM #

I adore being a housewife (amongst my many other roles) and wouldn’t have it any other way. ♥🙂

4. SzaboInSlowMo 24/01/2012 at 4:22 AM #

I love those retro pics too! That top one would make a great web banner! And congrats!

5. Micia 24/01/2012 at 9:02 AM #

Ciao bella

I have been doing the Housewife role the whole of 2011. Not by choice though, it’s simply because with my resident visa in Sri Lanka, I am not allowed to work. Well it’s good to have a break out of our busy schedules every once in a while🙂 Some days were great….I would wake up in the morning, make pancakes and coffee for my fiance, go shopping, have lunch with the girls, go to the spa, back home, prepare candle lit dinner lol…but other days were horrible🙂 so I decided to become a superwoman…..go for jewelry lessons..actually came up with a dozen of my own pieces🙂, yoga, gym, Italian classes, charity events, I started blogging too…thanks to boredom because I would have never thought of blogging :)leave alone, not knowing what the hell blogging was.

This year, I decided to go back to school part time, be a super housewife part time and do lots of exciting things for myself.

Enjoy it and keep yourself super busy or else you will set your head on fire

• annainherwonderland 24/01/2012 at 4:11 PM #

thank you very much for sharing your experience, and thanks to study Italian as well!🙂

6. momsterteacher 25/01/2012 at 3:31 PM #

Hi Anna! Thank you for liking my latest post. Love this post of yours. I can sooo relate! My husband and I run a business here in the Philippines. Running a successful business fulfills me but there are times when I just want to learn to cook and mend clothes.

The other day, I was playing with my one-year old baby boy, and I had fun! In the less-then-five-minutes we spent together, I saw him cutely chewing on a piece of paper. When he realized it doesn’t taste good, he walked up to me and put the paper into my mouth. When it fell from my lips, he picked it up and offered it to me again. That was my day’s highlight, despite that I closed some deals that day too.

Enjoy it while it lasts (or as long as you want to make it last)!

• annainherwonderland 25/01/2012 at 3:53 PM #

Thank you very much for passing by and thanks for sharing your experience, your little boy must be gorgeous!!!

7. fashionjotter 26/01/2012 at 3:16 PM #

good luck with this awesome journey!