I don’t mean to offend anyone or to upset anyone, please do not take this post in the wrong way.
I have been living in England for 3 years and there are still so many things that make me so different from British girls, the ones I see walking up and down the high street…just take it like
The vision of an Italian grumpy cow about Britain…
10 reasons why I’m not British and I probably never will
1. I don’t stand outside a pub at 5PM on a Friday in December drinking lager, smoking a rolled up cigarette, wearing tracksuit and a vest, when it’s only 4degrees C (or 39 degrees F )
2. I don’t go out on Friday or Saturday night during the winter wearing only a Lipsy dress with a clutch bag and peep toe shoes (my outfit could be more likely to be jeans, leggings underneath, socks, another pair of socks, long sleeve t-shirt, jumper, jacket, scarf, and I will be still so brave to claim I’m cold!) See the daily mail article (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2067391/Why-DO-young-women-dressed-like-We-meet-nightclubbers-unsettling-answer.html)
3. I’d rather go for a sun bed sometimes and risk being wrinkly by 30, but I will never go for a spray tan! It stinks, it makes you look orange and plus after you have it done you cannot have a shower for 24 hours to get the colour to settle…it stinks to me!
4. I still don’t get the passion for Indian food or Chinese food, both mess up my stomach a lot!
5. I don’t think beans, cheese or whatever you like, followed by On toast, can be considered a meal!
6. Don’t get why until 18 years old people cannot drink, I started at 14 and by 18 I was bored to! It could save so many lives have a better drinking education, not wait to be 18 and get wasted every weekend throwing up everywhere in the high street outside clubs, thinking about East street in Brighton on a Friday night…
7. I don’t want to go clubbing in London, for god’s sake why all the clubs are on the basement?!? Claustrophobia rules my life!
8. I do not shop in Topshop! British sizes don’t fit me properly, different body shape from Italians and British girls, and luckily I’m not 11stone like the average Brits (from a recent survey, all my British friends are thin and glamorous)
9. I like to shop in Primark, just picking up the right bits to mix with designer accessories… I do not fill up the basket with all the crap just because it’s so cheap!
10. I hate leggings…as you all know from one of my previous post!
That’s why I’m LOUD AND PROUD to be Italian, with my pros and cons!!